As an Amazon Associate, this blog earns from qualifying purchases that may be made from links in this blog post.
First Lesson Checklist: Guitar
Welcome to Best Music Coach! To get ready for your first guitar lesson go through this checklist.
- Guitar books for reading music: https://amzn.to/3yNknpk
- Guitar books for playing songs
- Our #1 Amazon Best Seller Music Theory book for understanding the music you play (optional but recommended): https://amzn.to/3hOc5XM
- Pick your first song here: https://shop.bestsheetmusic.com
- A stable ethernet or wifi connection.
- Ethernet will give you the best lesson experience.
- Google Chrome or Safari browser.
- Test your lesson connection now by clicking “join lesson” in your “lessons” or “calendar” tab. If you receive any error messages, take a screenshot and send to email@example.com
- You may not need them, but have them handy, they can make or break the lesson experience for you and your coach to hear each other clearly.
- A guitar with six strings on it. If your guitar is missing strings get in touch right away at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extra guitar picks: https://amzn.to/3w1jAPQ
- Extra guitar strings
- A guitar capo if you plan on singing or playing folk, alternative, or pop music:
- Electric guitar
- Make a list of your favorite songs and artists. If you can’t think of any, don’t worry, you and your coach talk about what music you like in your lesson.
- Follow @bestmusiccoach on all social platforms!
On the Day of the Lesson
Sit in a room or space with enough light and a distance away from your phone/computer. The entire guitar should be visible in the video.